When you come home from a long day at work, you want to come home and relax. You want to walk up the stairs to your front door, and let your home greet you and erase the negative things that happened that day. But when you have animals, nothing rarely goes as planned. You could walk into them using the floor as their toilet. Or maybe your dog enjoyed too much of their food at one time and decided to throw up instead. Well nothing could have prepared this homeowner for what he saw when he came home.
This possum turned up on the porch. He thought his dogs had killed her, but he could see she was still breathing.
Turns out she was “playing possum”, but he saw that she had this around her neck. You can see that it must have been on there for a long time. The plastic had cut about a third of an inch into her skin. This was the plastic that holds soda pop cans together; the one that people are supposed to cut when they are done using. So he cut it off.
Then she sat up, motionless for about a half hour.
She sat still, probably terrified of what could happen and also scare of what had happened to her.
Finally, about thirty minutes after cutting the plastic off, she walked down the steps and into the woods. I hope she’s doing alright.
Let this be a friend reminder to cut up your plastic soda pop holders! I always make sure that we cut ours up, and honestly the kids fight over who gets to cut up the next one. This is so sad and heartbreaking. This poor possum was injured due to human negligence. I hope she was able to find her family and live a long, full life.
Share This Story As This Man Saves A Possum With Your Friends!