News recently broke out that the whiskey called Fireball contains propylene glycol, which is a compound used in antifreeze, although the Food and Drug Administration does consider propylene glycol ‘safe’ when consumed at low levels. Either way, I am sure you will be surprised to know that a lot more than whiskey contain this compound.
2. Skin Care Products – Propylene Glycol helps keep skin care products clean.
3. Propylene Glycol stops ice cream from forming crystals and keeping it creamy.
4. Artificial Sweeteners – Propylene Glycol also helps preserve moisture so the sweetener doesn’t clump together.
5. Soft Drinks – It also keeps fatty acids distributed through out the drink to make sure the taste is consistent.
6. Propylene Glycol helps foods that are blended to keep their consistency.
7. Medications – It is used to soften and smooth most medications so they are easier to consume.
8. Deodorant – Propylene Glycol helps keep deodorant creamy.
9. Baby Wipes – Yep! Even in baby products. Kind of scary!
Does it change your view on propylene glycol? Or does it make you more concerned with how it is in just about everything?
Be Sure To Share These Facts With Your Friends Below.