Sometimes the animals we love suffer from tragic misfortunes. It is up to us to help these beautiful friends out and make their lives a little bit better as they do the same for us. Here are 14 pictures that show the compassion and love that some people out there have shown to their best friends.
1. Tzvika is an injured female turtle. She suffered severe damage to her shell when she was run over with a lawnmower and need help with walking. But now, she can walk with the aid of her newly attached wheels.
2. This French bulldog bill cannot use his hind legs. They have been paralyzed since birth. But, he ran for the first time recently with the help of his newly built “roll car.”
3. Chris P. Bacon was born without the use of his hind legs. Last month, the pig’s owner turned the piglet over to a Clermont, Florida vet who decided to help him out. Now, he has his own little wheelchair and he couldn’t be happier about it.
4. This 7-year-old disabled cat is name Cici. She was hit in a traffic accident and is now paralyzed because of it. Now, she can walk and even compete in cat shows thanks to her custom walker.
5. Oscar had his hind legs severed by a combine harvester, doesn’t even have use to a wheelchair to get around. The spunk 2-year-old cat can walk again after being fitted with prosthetic limbs in a world-first operation.
6. This 48-year-old female elephant name Motala can walk again thanks to her newly attached prosthetic leg at the Elephant Hospital in Lampang province, north of Bangkok. She stepped on a landmine 10 years ago but now she can finally walk normally again.
7. This female bottlenose dolphin “Fuji”, estimated to be about 37-years-old, lost 75% of her tail fluke due to an unknown disease in 2002. She was in serious trouble, but now the dolphin can swim and jump using the artificial talk fluke, which is believe to be the world’s first artificial fin for a dolphin.
8. A dog named Pay de Lemon (Lemon Pay) can run thanks to being fitted with two front prosthetic legs. Members of a cartel in the state of Zacatecas cut off Limon’s paws.
9. This little guy named Sam lost his legs in a car accident but can now play fetch easily to his new leg.
10. This Yorkshire terrier named Hope shows off her uni-wheel attached to a doggie vest. She is missing one limb, but with the help of this week, she can get around just fine now.
11. you the 25-year-old female loggerhead turtle washed up in a fishing net years ago. Her front flippers were shredded after an encounter with a shark. Now, she has gone through 27 different pairs of prosthetic flippers that allow her to swim happily and naturally.
12. Hoppa, a 4-year-old mizen breed dog born without front legs, can use a prosthetic device to walk outside. An animal-loving art student created the device for Hoppa, and hopes his wheeling device will improve the lives of pets born with abnormalities or with amputated limbs.
13. Snow is a former stray dog who had to have her right foot amputated. Now, thanks to OrthoPets, she has a brand-new artificial leg.
14. This is Naki’o, a mixed-breed dog who can walk on four prosthetic devices. He lost all four paws to frostbite when he was abandoned as a puppy in a foreclosed home. He isn’t abandoned or unloved anymore.
These animals are truly fighters and know how to overcome obstacles.