Every year, right after Christmas, I start to look around my house and realize that it’s kind of a mess! There are toys, shoes, magazines, towels, and more just laying around. No matter how many times a day I clean them up, they always manage to find their way back to the same spot. After scouring the internet trying to find some awesome storage ideas, I decided to compile a list of 17 DIY storage hacks. I know they helped me in my time of need. Hopefully they will help you too.
1. A great bathroom storage save. This slotted storage box goes great in most bathrooms and keeps the clutter off the counters.
2. Make this adorable magnetic chalkboard spice rack using items that can be found at your local craft store. If you run out of one spice, replace it with a different one by simply updating the board.
3. This is great if you have a lot of people sharing one bathroom. Add an extra shower rod to the other side of the shower and use it for storage.
4. We’ve seen a lot of things made from pallets, but keep the shoes off the floor and keep them organized by making this pallet shoe rack.
5. Don’t throw those empty wine bottles away. Find the directions HERE on how to turn them into amazing and unique vases.
6. If you are low on space in your bathroom, consider hangning baskets to give you room to store your towels. This would also be cute in a kitchen if you ran out of drawer space.
7. If you’re like me, you buy your laundry detergent in bulk, but then it ends up getting everywhere. Solve that problem by using a drink dispenser as a laundry detergent dispenser instead.
8. Not only does this look really cool, it’s a great way to safely store your knives if you don’t have a knife block.
9. Get a little extra storage out of your space with this creative hidden book box.
10. Nobody will ever think to pick up that random pine code when looking for your spare key. Great idea!
11. The alarm can definitely be an eyesore. Hide it behind a piece of art attached to hinges to cover the alarm when it isn’t needed.
12. If you are feeling extra crafty, cover a Lysol wipes container with your favorite wrapping paper or fabric, and store your extra shopping bags in there.
13. Make cleaning out the fridge a breeze with these place mats. If something spills on them, just take them out and wash them.
14. Don’t throw out those old socks. Put them on a Swiffer floor duster to get all of those dust bunnies.
15. Sick of all those tangled up cords? Store them on a hanger to keep them organized.
16. Save space with this thin can storage drawer.
17. Make a great wood shelf where you can store both books AND pans!
These are all such amazing ideas. I think I am going to try a few of them, at least the basket towel holders and the hidden key. I love having a home that feels nice and cozy, while not having to watch your step around every nook and cranny. I hope these DIY storage hacks treat you well. I know they helped me a lot.