For most people, taking a flight can be a daunting task. It seems the ever-changing TSA rules and regulations are almost impossible to keep up with. But if you are like me, the most common thing I seem to get confiscated at airports my lotion because it’s too big or maybe some nail clippers. Let’s be honest here, a lot of people are not normal and I was shocked to see some of the things people really had confiscated at airports.
1. In Burlington, Vermont a lipstick stun gun was confiscated.
2. A biology professor was stopped for having a seal head.
3. In 2009, in New York a man was stopped for chocolate heroin.
4. A hairbrush dagger was confiscated at an airport in Anchorage, Alaska.
5. A mallet was also confiscated at the airport in Vermont.
6. In Santa Rosa, CA a knife was confiscated inside a burrito.
7. There were 81 pounds of marijuana confiscated in Oakland, CA.
8. Batman throwing stars were confiscated at the airport in San Diego.
9. These two knives were found in a bag of dirt a passenger was carrying. No one knows why he had a bag of dirt.
10. A diver found this cannonball, covered in coral, during a dive. It was discovered at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and it was still an active explosive.
11. Human skull fragments were discovered in a checked clay pot at Ft. Lauderdale.
12. A girl tried to smuggle marijuana onto her plane in a jar of peanut butter.
13. These weapons and masks were confiscated at customs at the Swiss border.
14. In the Amsterdam airport, they confiscated 200 poisonous tarantulas hidden in a couple’s suitcase in 2012.
15. Officials discovered a sedated two-month-old tiger cub in a suitcase full of stuffed animal toys when it went through an X-ray scan at Bangkok International Airport.
16. An X-ray screening in Philadelphia International Airport reveals one passenger trying to carry on three M-80 fireworks, along with a water bottle wrapped in black electrical tape and filled with flash powder.
17. In Philadelphia, a cellphone stun gun was confiscated at the airport.
TSA workers seem to have their work cut out for them on a daily basis. And people are trying harder and harder to get illegal things past them. But, I am left wondering what in the world these people were thinking.
What are your thoughts?