It seems nowadays there is very little variety when it comes to men’s fashions. Most looks are relatively somber when compared to the plethora of options that women have when it comes to what to wear. However, that wasn’t always the case. If you have ever flipped through a men’s magazine from the 70’s, you would realize that men were just as fashion forward as women. It’s amazing that these ideas haven’t evolved with the times, but then again, after seeing them, you may be relieved that they died out as you ask yourself “What were they thinking?” Check out these 1970s mens fashion choices that disappeared along with the world of disco.
1. I’m not sure which outfit out of the four I like best! Maybe the complicated simplicity of the dual toned jump suit with the dress shirt underneath!
2. Maybe, just maybe, this look would have made it with a manlier belt!
3. One of my favorite things about catalogs is the impeccable acting that goes on to capture the perfect shot while showing off the clothing perfectly.
4. The cutout in the floral print shirt is my favorite. It accentuates the accessories perfectly!
5. Striking is right! And 10% off when you buy two? Who would choose to get only one?!
6. I seriously don’t understand why onesies for men are no longer a thing.
7. I was at Target the other day and horizontal openings are making a come back! You’re welcome!
8. For days when you wish you could walk around in a fringed blanket all day. It was possible 40 some-odd years ago.
9. Am I the one that is more interested in the hanger made for underwear? No thank you. And truthfully I appreciate that some of the models had realistic bodies!
10. Thank goodness those slacks gave you power. You might need it if you wore them today to keep from getting beat up.
Click The Button Below For More Men’s Fashions from the 1970’s!
[button-red url=”/1970s-mens-fashion/2/” ]CLICK FOR MORE[/button-red]