I absolutely love life hacks that make my life a lot easier. And we’ve posted a lot articles about simple life hacks to help out with everyday problems. Some of them I’ve used, while others I have avoided because they just seem like a lot of work. Here are 20 life hacks that we have found that will definitely make life easier and they can be used on a daily basis.
1. Recycle soda boxes to organize soup cans in your pantry.
2. Before freezing an entire pack of bacon, lay out a long sheet of wax paper. Starting a couple of inches from the end of the paper, lay each individual strip of bacon vertically across the wax paper leaving an inch gap between each strip. Once your paper is full, start at one end and begin rolling up your paper and bacon. Place the entire thing in the freezer. Take out as much as you need, then place the rest back in the freezer.
3. If you have dents in your carpet from furniture, take an ice-cube and set it in the divot and let it melt. Then gently lift up the fibers with a spoon. I’ve done this before when moving and it really works.
4. Have a bad cough at night? Rub some Vick’s VaporRub on your feet, put socks on, and your cough will disappear.
5. To avoid annoying ice cream melts through the bottom of cones, simply place a marshmallow inside before you scoop the ice cream in. It will soak up the ice cream, plus you’ll get an extra yummy treat at the end of your ice cream cone.
6. When ironing your shirts, use a hair straightener to iron out those hard to reach areas.
7. When you’re at the beach this summer, put your phone in a Ziploc bag to avoid damage from the water and sand.
8. Immediately after painting your nails, submerge them in cold water for 3 minutes. This will dry the nail polish and help get rid of any that got on your skin.
9. If you have old wooden drawers that are hard to open, take a candle stick and rub it on the tracks. The wax will help the drawers open and close smoothly.
10. Cut a slit in a plastic lid and slide it over your paintbrush to control paint splatter.
11. Apply a cotton ball soaked in vinegar to fresh bruises in order to help reduce darkness. It’ll also cause the bruise to disappear faster.
12. Covered in sand after a day at the beach? Dump a small amount of baby powder onto your hands and rub over your arms and legs to remove the sand.
img class=”aligncenter wp-image-15455 size-full” src=”https://cdn.buzznick.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/b6cfe40e2fe295aea752b2c44f5cc098.jpg” alt=”20 Simple Life Hacks To Help With Every Day Life” width=”616″ height=”821″ data-wp-pid=”15455″ />
13. Use a paper towel holder to organize ribbons and rolls of tape.
14. To tell if an avocado is ripe or not, just pop off the stem. If the skin under the stem is dark, the fruit is too ripe. If it’s light, then it’s just right.
15. Remove scuff marks from your floor by rubbing a tennis ball on it.
16. Line your taco shells with a lettuce leaf. Then when your shell breaks, the lettuce leaf will catch the rest of the fillings.
17. To thaw out meat quickly, heat some water in a pan until it reaches 140 degrees, then turn the burner off. Place your meat inside a food storage bag and place it in the hot water. Chicken will take about 10 minutes and other cuts will take about 12 minutes to thaw. Most importantly, this will not cook the meat at all.
18. To soften butter quickly, place it between two sheets of wax paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the butter until it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
19. Add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to your paint (1 tablespoon per 1 gallon) before you begin painting. This will not affect the color at all, but rather mask the paint fumes and your entire house will smell like vanilla.
20. To wash tennis shoes in the washing machine, tie a large knot in the shoelaces. Then place the shoes in the washer with the laces laying across the top of the door. Close the door making sure the knot is on the outside of the washer. This will hold the shoes against the door and keep the noise down.
It’s amazing to me how the simplest life hack can make the biggest difference with every day problem. I have definitely used the ice-cube tray on the carpet before and it really works. I have some scuff marks on the walls of my house thanks to kids playing with a ball and I am going to be trying the tennis ball trick shortly.