According to internet rumors, Bill Gates once said, “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job, because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” Whether he actually said it or not, that observation is genius in itself. Highly intelligent people, often smaller in stature, have been known for amazing feats of ingenuity. I believe that is because they’re forced to find an alternative method to accomplishing a similar goal. Essentially a lazy person is going to work smarter, not harder. Below you will find several prime examples of genius solutions to everyday problems.
1. Added Elbow Grease: Who needs the help of scrubbing bubbles when you’re genius enough to fashion a scrubber bit for your power drill?
2. Bacon Splatter Shield: Oh, YES! A bacon and cheap pizza lover like myself, knows this is a great invention for the simplest of reasons… Bacon splatter hurts!
3. Brilliant Baby: Baby = 1 Baby Gate = 0 This kid should be on that baby genius’ show. I wonder where the idea even came from.
4. Broken Dryer: Did the heating element go bad on your dryer again? Steal your wife’s blow dryer and one of those weights that you don’t use, and BAM. The dryer is fixed… Kinda.
5. Don’t Have A Toaster? No worries. This person just decided to make a bread sweat lodge to fulfill all of their toast cravings.
6. What A Clever Cat: It’s a well-known fact that cats don’t love water. The dog thinks he has this one won, but the cat has other ideas. Surfin’ safari, kitty cat style.
7. Don’t Interrupt My Game: She’s a clever little girl. The parents better throw a patent on that ASAP. I know about ninety percent of America’s teens would eat it up.
8. Exceeded Luggage Weight: You know, some people will find every available loophole, if you give them the chance.
9. Make Shift Scale: This is an amazingly great idea. That makes a gallon of water weigh in at a whopping 8 lbs. Dang, yo.
10. Making Sure You Get An Even Tan: Hey, for some people, this is serious business. Sure, at first glance this is just a lazy guy that’s not interested in reaching for his beverage. But how do you know it’s not a brilliant guy that’s worried about his tan lines?
11. Misplaced Contact Case: This one right here, was a much-needed idea for my last vacation. The girlfriend forgot her case and was absolutely miserable by the third day of wearing those things.
12. Missing A Spoon: Be extremely thankful for that aluminum top on your applesauce. A few seconds of creative sculpting, and nobody’s the wiser!
13. Never Forget Your Lunch Again: I’m thinking it was the wife that was a genius. I mean, if you have to tie things together so you don’t forget them, how genius can you really be?
14. Otter Pop Problem Solver: It may not be traditional or the easiest way to freeze them, but it certainly is effective.
15. Rained Out BBQ: What do you mean rained out BBQ? I’ve never heard of such a thing!
16. Riding Lawn Mower: Wow. I think this guy took that term just a little too literally. What do you think?
17. Selfie Stick Beta Tester: This kid is so cool, he invented the selfie stick. Or maybe he was just beta testing.
18. Unpredictable Faucet: When filling a water bottle, there’s no doubt that there’s going to be some water spilling onto the sides. This 5-year-old just made me and everybody I’ve ever met, look like an idiot.
19. Up Cycled Power Plant: OMG! This is the coolest climbing wall that I’ve ever seen. Absolutely brilliant.
20. I Don’t Know Where She Gets Her Creativity: After seeing the artistic redesign of the kid’s permanent marker mess, I know exactly where it came from. The creative gene came from the momma.
Now if you made it through all of those examples without once thinking, “Why didn’t I think of that?” you must be a certifiable genius. My guess is that you’re not, and you probably pulled out a notepad to jot down some ideas for later! I know I did.