Breaking Bad will not only be remembered as a TV drama that went out on top, but possibly as a game-changer for TV shows as we know it. For the grand series finale, Breaking Bad hit 10.3 million viewers. It’s easy to say that Breaking Bad is probably one of the most popular TV series ever. With that being said, I am sure even if you are a Breaking Bad lover, you didn’t know some of these Breaking Bad facts.
1. The coordinates that Walt hid on a Lotto ticket (N 34, 59′, 20″, W 106, 36′, 52), point straight to Q Studios in Albuquerque, where Breaking Bad is shot.
2. Because of the fear that some of the series’ millions of viewers may try and use the show as a step-by-step guide to making meth, the real-life DEA advised Vince Gilligan and his team of writers on what science to include, and what to omit.
3. Since the first season of Breaking Bad, copycat drug producers around the US have been adding blue food dye to their crystal meth in an attempt to dupe their customers.
4. The first, fourth, 10th, and 13th episodes of Season 2 all have black and white teaser intros, and when you combine the episode titles you get Seven Thirty-Seven / Down / Over / ABQ. This is foreshadowing the plane crash at the end of the season.
5. There are 62 episodes. The 62nd element is Samarium, a drug used to treat pain in cancer patients.
6. Walt Jr. is the only major character that Jesse never meets.
7. After watching Season 5, Episode 14 — “Ozymandias” — George R.R. Martin called Walter White a bigger monster than anyone in Game of Thrones.
8. There is no chemical element “Ch.”
9. Hydrofluoric acid would not eat through a bathtub. MythBusters has shown that no amount of hydrofluoric acid would have eaten through that tub.
10. When filming the episode during which Walt kills Mike, the entire crew wore black armbands to mark Jonathan Banks’ final episode.
11. Bryan Cranston had the show’s logo tattooed onto his finger on the last day of filming. His wife isn’t too pleased.
12. The actor who played Walt Jr., R.J. Mitte, has cerebral palsy, but his condition is not as severe in real life as that of Walt Jr.
13. Aaron Paul spent hours with addicts and ex-addicts when researching the role of Jesse. He said it enabled him to see a very different side of people.
14. Showtime, TNT, Fox and HBO all turned down the script for Breaking Bad.
15. Gus Fring is a Spanish speaker on the show, but actor Giancarlo Esposito is actually Italian.
16. During a fight scene between Jesse and Tuco, Aaron Paul ended up getting knocked unconscious and getting a concussion in which he needed medical attention.
17. On the last day of shooting, Bryan Cranston stripped down and walked around set nude.
18. When Bryan Cranston had to throw the pizza onto Walt’s roof, he nailed it in just one take.
19. Baby Holly is named after Vince Gilligan’s girlfriend, Holly Rice.
20. In “Felina”, the camera lingers on the New Hampshire plates to reveal the state motto, “Live Free or Die”, which is also the name of the Season 5 premiere. It also foreshadows the outcomes of the two main characters.
21. Walter White’s underwear sold for almost $10,000. Also, a copy of Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass went for $65,500 and Hector Salamanca’s bell made $19,750.
22. Bryan Cranston cried for 15 minutes after filming Jane’s death.
I don’t know about you, but after learning these Breaking Bad facts, I want to go watch the series all over again. How many of these facts did you actually know? Are there any you could add to the list? let us know your thoughts in the comments below.