When watching the news, it is pretty impressive that the news anchors can go day in and day out without making too many errors. Even when I’m just talking with friends or family, I tend to stumble over my words daily. But that is probably one of the many reasons I’m not a news anchor and I’m not on TV. But what happens when these news anchors do make an error when they are speaking? Or even better, what happens when there is an editing error either in the paper or on TV with subtitles? Well don’t worry, we collected 25 of our favorite embarrassing news moments and made them into one hilariously funny list just for you! Check these out!
1. Bono/Pope Confusion – I’m sure there are some people out there that believe Bono is as godly as The Pope.
2. Top Line Of Text Goes Here – Oh, you mean we are supposed to write something there. I thought the video would speak for itself.
3. Friends Who Care, Share! – It’s always a good idea to go over each picture with a fine tooth comb before it gets published, just in case something sneaks by. I wonder who got fired for this one.
4. Officer Ron Berkele Or Officer Ron Bentley – I’m sure this isn’t the first time the media has made up a name, story, etc.
5. Amazing View – Wow, that is an amazing view. Makes me want to pack my bags and move to New York!
6. Beware When You’re On Camera – The lady in the background is not looking very enthused by what the news anchor is reporting.
7. Header Will Go Here – This Editor In Chief probably didn’t stick around this paper too long after making this pretty big error.
8. Deer In The Headlights – I have no idea what is going on here, but I am very excited that it was caught on camera!
9. Hooded Sweatshirt Owner – I bet A.T. is happy to know that he was listed as a hooded sweatshirt owner. His parents are probably very proud.
10. Armstrong Used Rugs – I’m guessing if Lance Armstrong used rugs rather than drugs, he’d still be racing and still have all of his Tour de France titles.
11. 5th Greader – Looks like the person entering in the text should go back to 5th grade.
12. Tahra Dactyl – I really, really hope that this is her real name! This is pretty amazing.
13. Face Plant – Nothing like having your embarrassing fall caught right on camera in front of thousands of viewers. There’s no editing that one out.
14. Kash Register – I was wondering if this was really his name so I decided to do a little bit of research. And yes, yes it is his real name.
15. I Heart Hoe Bags & Boys – Pretty daring for a news anchor to sport that on TV!
16. Dick Owner – I bet he wasn’t very happy when he saw this news story go through. They could have changed the word owner to something else.
17. Father Goose Takes A Gander – This headline is possibly the most perfect headline I’ve ever seen.
18. Shave Hudson – This man does not shave, giving him the most ironic first name ever.
19. Bang Pooches – Oh really? I am very curious as to what this story is even about.
20. Macklemore Joined Isis – Poor Macklemore definitely got dragged into this story.
21. Irish National Stud – Wow, that’s quite the title to be given! Good job, John Osborne.
22. Missing Header – Oops! Somebody definitely got in trouble for this header, or lack there of.
23. Sh*ts Fired – Oh man! I hate when sh*ts get fired. A huge mess everywhere!
24. Llamas On The Loose – Definitely a slow news day in Sun City, AZ.
25. Yikes! Stay Tuned – Well now I don’t have to watch the story, because I know it’s going to be scary. YIKES!
Some of these are just too funny. I can’t believe nobody caught them before they either got published or went live. I think my favorite was Macklemore joining Isis or the news anchor who loves hoe bags and boys. It’s always best to check, double-check, and even triple check before sending something out. Once it goes out, there is no turning back!