Parenting is probably the most rewarding and unrewarding job you will ever have. You work your butt off and barely get a thank you. But at the same time your child gives you a certain look, and your heart just instantly melts! When I found these parenting hacks, it was definitely a relief! I am going to start implementing some of these today!
1. Put sprinkles on foods that your kids won’t eat.
2. Use an old body wash bottle and extend your faucet, making it easier for your kids to wash their hands.
3. Love this idea! This is great when you know you’re going to be somewhere with a lot of people like Disneyland, a water park, or any other gathering.
4. Use a pool noodle around the edge of a door to prevent little fingers from getting smashed.
5. Get a blanket or sheet, and then all you need is a table to make a cozy hammock.
6. Turn an old crib into an awesome art station for kids!
7. This is brilliant and definitely less expensive than buying a sleep guard.
8. If the straps on a tank top or swimming suit keeps sliding off the shoulders, use a barrette to keep them together.
9. Turn chores into a game.
10. Administer medicine through a pacifier to help get it down more comfortably.
11. If you have an extra DVD case, turn it into a colored pencil storage box.
12. Make an awesome frame for your kid’s babysitter. Write on it with a dry erase marker, and it can be updated anytime it is needed.
13. If you are short on storage, add drawers to a dresser on the side to add more storage space.
14. Get a crazy straw and put it in upside down, with the crazy part in the cup. This will prevent your kids from pulling the straw out and spilling.
15. I’ll definitely be doing this during the summer. Transform an old pump bottle, fill with water, and it’s a great way to fill up water balloons. Now if we could just figure out an easier way to tie them.
16. If your kids use a TON of toilet paper, use this example to help them know how much is needed.
17. Another great idea for when you are out in public. Your kids will love wearing a bracelet this bright too, so it’s a win-win.
18. Rather than cutting up food with a knife, speed it up by using a pizza slicer.
19. Avoid sticky hands by turning a coffee cup lid into a nice shield for Popsicles.
20. If your kids are constantly locking themselves in rooms by accident, use a rubber band to keep the door from locking.
21. I wish I would have known about this sooner! I have thrown away so many gross bath toys.
22. Use a fitted sheet over the play pen to let your kids outside with you, keep them in one spot, but avoid getting bugs and leaves in there with them.
23. Use a box fan to keep a blanket fort inflated.
24. Add glitter to tooth fairy money for an added magical touch!
25. If your kids hate shopping for shoes, trace your kids feet on a piece of paper so you can shop and buy them shoes without them being there.
26. Freeze ice onto a pacifier to help sooth teething and tooth pain.
27. If you’ve checked out and need a break, this may be the most brilliant and lazy idea ever.
28. Give your child a bath in a laundry basket with their toys, so the toys stay within their reach.
These ideas are pretty amazing. I’m probably more excited about the water balloon pump than I should be, but there are only so many balloons you want to fill up during the summer.