Photographs are absolutely fascinating to me. Some of them are way before my time and help clear up some mystery. Others are photographs of things that the human eye will never be able to see until we’ve zoomed in on the subject. Photographs hold memories, stories, and fascinating ideas. That is exactly what these incredible photos are intended for. These will definitely stimulate curious minds.
1. X-rays showing before and after treatment of scoliosis.
2. This is where the great wall of China ends.
3. This is what a pug looked like before selective breeding, quite the difference.
4. The lava lake of the continuously active volcano Erta Ale, Ethiopia.
5. A FedEx Boeing 757, without any cargo.
6. This is the clearest photograph of Mercury that has ever been taken.
7. When a prison is overcrowded in El Salvador, this is what it looks like.
8. These things are octopus eggs.
9. What the Northern Lights look like from space.
10. Bavarian town of Nordlingen built in a 14 million year old meteor impact crater
11. This is an illustrated grocery list Michelangelo would create for his illiterate servants.
12. This is a view from Mars.
13. Inside one of Google’s data centers.
14. A look at Hitler’s office.
15. These are the teeth of George Washington.
16. A ginormous statue of Genghis Khan in Mongolia.
17. A comparison showing fat vs muscle.
18. This is the desk of Albert Einstein just a few hours after his death.
19. This is Daytona Beach in 1957.
20. Climbers going up Mount Everest in 2013.
21. Cancer cells under microscope.
22. Bagger 288, the largest land vehicle in the world.
23. An aerial view of a tire dump.
24. A watch belonging to Akito Kawagoe which stopped at 8:15, the exact time of the Hiroshima bombing in 1945.
25. A 360 rainbow, which was captured from an airplane.
26. A zoomed in view of the human tongue.
27. A huge dust storm just before it hit Australia in 2013.
28. A geyser just barely before it erupted.
29. A cross-section of an undersea cable
These incredible photos can each tell their own story, they are absolutely fascinating to me. It is cool to see different events, people, or places from an entirely new perspective. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.