We all make mistakes, right? The Walking Dead is no different. They have a slip up here and there. I think the show has a lot more criticism due to the fact it is based on a graphic novel. There are some die-hard fans out there judging everything. But what about you? Have you noticed any of these little mistakes? I am a huge fan of the show, and I have to say that I have only noticed two things on this list. Read on and see how many you have noticed. Then at the end watch a clip from when Steven Yeun (Glenn) was on Conan O’Brien and what he had to say about the fans pointing out mistakes in the show. It is hilarious!
1. In the scene where Rick has given Andrea his revolver to end her life, he exits the room to leave Andrea and Michonne alone. The next thing you see is Rick, Tyrese, and Darryl waiting outside the room. You hear a gun shot and then you hear a shell casing hit the floor (noticeably “lighter” than the sound the revolver would make when dropped). Revolvers do not eject a shell casing.
2. After Merle and Daryl save the people on the bridge, Merle gets mad at Daryl and grabs him, ripping his shirt. On the right side of Daryl’s back, he has tattoos, but as he walks away he suddenly has the tattoos on his left side, not his right side as in the previous shot.
3. When Glenn is with Tara and getting ready to move out, he puts on his helmet and you can see it is strapped on. When the shot changes, he swings the fence open and you can see his strap is loose. The camera angle changes again and the strap is back on again.
4. When the dog runs from Daryl, the string of cans shake and rattle even though the dog never touches it.
5. Glenn demands that Abraham stop the truck so he and Tara can get off. Glenn and Abraham get into a scuffle. We can see Eugene in the background standing next to the truck facing right of the camera. But when the camera cuts back to Eugene by himself, he’s now facing the opposite direction. Also the items in the back of the truck move from left to right.
6. When Tyreese and Carol are walking down the railroad tracks towards Terminus, they encounter a herd of walkers coming out of the woods. One of the first walkers to cross the tracks is a male walker wearing a burgundy sweatshirt with a rip in the middle. When gunfire erupts at Terminus, the walkers turn their attention towards it. In the next shot when they start to head towards the sound, we see the same male walker now in the middle of the herd yet to cross the tracks. Next shot after that, we again see him at the front of the pack.
7. When the Governor is hunting Andrea, he smashes a few windows in the building where she’s hiding. When he breaks the first two, there’s a jet of steam or air, showing that it was broken a split second before he hit it with the shovel.
8. During the scene where Daryl’s group finds the auto shop, Daryl spits on his hand to wipe the window and is surprised by a zombie banging up against the window. He says, “Got some friends inside” and walks away. The camera pans to the window and a crew member wearing a white hat and (what appears to be) an orange shirt is visible in the reflection. He seems to be taking a picture (probably for continuity, which is pretty ironic).
9. In the flashback to the prison, Hershel says, “We’ve been here two months.” However, when they show Judith, she is shown to be the same age she was when the prison fell (around 9-10 months) If they had only been there two months, and Lori delivered within the first week of being there, the baby should not be very old.
10. When Glenn wakes up in the prison, you can see two chairs leaning against the walls behind him when he stands up. These are still present in the second shot, but when the camera moves back for the third shot they have mysteriously disappeared.
11. When Carl rolls out the knife pack he found, the scene cuts to Shane working on the engine, and you can see traffic on a highway reflecting on the bottom of the windshield.
12. Maggie pulls the ladder from the rear of the firetruck, but in previous shots the only ladder on the firetruck is hung on the passenger side.
13. As the group kills the walkers that come out of the barn, the camera shows several different vantage points from in front of the barn, inside of the barn, etc. It shows the walkers lying with a clear path between them, and in another it shows the walkers lying in a jumbled pile with no path between them. This goes back and forth a few times until Sophia comes out of the barn, and there is no clear path again.
14. Right at the end of this episode when there is another flashback to the prison, the baby is seen many times. Judith is asleep, then the camera angle changes and she is awake, it moves back to another angle and she is sleeping again. This is repeated several times.
15. When Hershel crawls away and the fight begins, in the long shots of the governor’s men, Hershel’s body can not be seen next to the cars, this is from all angles.
16. Governor is ‘interrogating’ Michonne privately about staying at Woodbury to “join his forces.” As he mentions Merle’s name, she suddenly reacts, grabbing her sword from him, and shoves it at his throat, threateningly. During this, the shadow from the boom mic is visible just above his head.
17. Near the end when Rick thanks Tyreese, the cabin door is open after Tyreese had closed it as the group walked up. In next shot, it is closed again.
18. After The Governor shows up at the prison with his arsenal, Hershel and Michonne are taken out of the vehicles and placed kneeling on the grass side by side, about 1 arms length apart from each other. But when Rick makes his way down to the fence to talk with The Governor, Hershel and Michonne are now about 4 arms lengths away from each other. This goes back and forth for a few shots.
19. When Daryl is cutting open a walker in the woods to see what meat it ate while searching for Sophia, he stabs the walker several times, but the knife is not bloody and it stays clean.
20. As Daryl and Shane argue near the start, Daryl’s movements don’t correspond with the changing shots: one moment he is standing in front of Carol, then he is standing by her, then he has moved closer to Rick – all within the same one-liners. As his argument with Shane grows, he again is standing by Carol, or closer, near Rick. At one point, a shot shows Daryl about to lunge at Shane, as Rick blocks him, but the very next shot shows him right next to Carol, who at that point would have been standing behind Rick.
21. After Carol tells Shane they are not leaving without finding Sophia, Daryl enters and reminds Shane about the doll he found down at the swamp earlier, and they start to argue. During this he crosses in front to Carol’s right. In the very next shot, Daryl is suddenly shown standing in the same spot as prior, next to Carol.
22. When Rick gets out of his car and talks to Maggie inside the prison gates, the car door opens and shuts throughout the conversation.
23. When Rick checks his revolver before holstering it, there are no primers in his cartridges.
24. Where did the zombie that attacks Dale come from? Dale is walking in a wide open field and there appears to be enough moonlight that he can easily see the cow that has been attacked. Yet the zombie manages to sneak up on him? There was no long grass or crops for the zombie to hide or enough time to just appear from nowhere.
25. The first shot of Maggie waiting for the Governor to enter shows her wearing a black tank top with her shoulders bare. After he cuts the duct tape around her wrists, the camera pans up and she now has black bra straps showing on her shoulders.
26. When Beth is looking for a key in Officer Dawn’s office, she encounters Joan lying dead in the office from bleeding out, apparently from suicide with a pair of surgical scissors. Her left hand is covered in blood. But when Officer Gorman enters the room and Joan starts to turn into a walker, the blood on her hand has disappeared.
27. When Glenn wakes up, we see the door behind him is flush with the concrete. But when he goes inside, you see stairs he had to descend to get to the door. There is also no scene in the entire prison episodes where an outer orange door is preceded by steps, they are all flush. Also if you look at the door behind him you see two folding chairs leaning up against the door. When he turns to open the door, the chairs are gone.
28. When Shane first sees Dale in the swamp trying to hide the guns, Dale is holding a large spike to drive into the tree. In the next second, they show Dale standing next to the tree with the spike already in it.
29. The previous episode ended with Rick and his group reaching Woodbury and it was dark. This episode starts with Tyreese and his group reaching the prison in the daylight, and being rescued by Carl and brought back to their cell block. If you look at the windows it is still light out, they have no electricity so it can’t be exterior lighting, yet in the scene before and after this, Rick and his group are at the Woodbury at nighttime.
30. When Daryl, Maggie, T-Dog, Glenn, and Rick are killing walkers with a mêlée weapons on their way inside the prison, there is a random CGI blood spatter that appears on the crossbar of the fence in the foreground.
Steven makes a great point.
Personally I would rather just watch the show and not ruin it by nit-picking every detail. It takes the fun out of it a little. There are people who are hired specifically to check on the continuity of scripts, hair, makeup, etc. Most of the mistakes are caught in time. How many of these did you notice?