I can’t lie, I love building things with blocks or Legos. We bought our kids Legos for christmas last year and my husband and I are the only two people who have played with them. Apparently my 13-year-old is too cool for Legos now and they are choking hazards for my one year old since she likes to eat the Legos so we can’t get them out until after the babies go to bed. I claim to have bought them for the kids, but truth be told, I bought them because I wanted them and the kids were just an excuse to do what I wanted.
So when I saw these EverBlocks I absolutely fell in love! At first I was a little sad because my decorating style is not contemporary or modern, it’s pretty traditional. These kind of blocks give the clean lines you would find in specific decorating styles. However, then I started thinking of all the things I might be able to do with them and got excited again! These would be absolutely fun to have in the backyard! I could make a playhouse for my daughter! Or a dog house would be so fun made out of EverBlocks. We could make an outdoor kitchen around the BBQ! The possibilities are endless, regardless of your decorating style! Take a look at all these things you can do with adult building blocks:
1. I actually quite like this idea. They created column out of the block as the base for a dining room table.
2. Half wall, room divider.
3. Full length wall divider. These are great to define a space in an otherwise open room without making permanent changes. It would be super easy to move this to another area or take it away completely.
4. This coffee table is definitely a conversation starter. I like how they didn’t cap off the top of the blocks with the finishing block.
5. This is another idea I would use! Make a play yard to contain the balls and toys in a specific area. I would even put a small play area in my house to contain my younger kids so they don’t get into things they shouldn’t.
6. This is a great idea if you are having a party and want people to stay out of certain areas of your house… just make a wall!
7. This desk would be super cute in a kids room.
8. Originally this couch was made for the inside of a house, but I would use this as patio furniture by a fire-pit.
9. I love this idea, of making a storage space / book shelf for a tryout out of blocks! And if you need more space then add more blocks.
10. A storage shed is a great use for these blocks! And you can re-use them to change the size of the shed as your belongings grow.
11. This building is what inspired me to build a playhouse! I would do different colors and maybe fit it with real windows and doors and add flower boxes to make it cute! Or you can keep it masculine and make it into a boy’s fort.
12. Finding the perfect end table to work in your living space can be difficult, so why not make your own?
13. My husband would love this little bar made of these adult building blocks.
14. They used blocks to make this boring desk into an awesome desk with tons of storage.
15. There are 4 different types of blocks that come in 13 different colors including gold and silver.
16. TV Pedestal Stand
More Info: EverBlock Systems
There are just so many different ideas that can be accomplished with these adult building blocks! They are a little more expensive than cinder blocks, but the fact that you can take them apart and put them in other configurations makes them worth that extra cost! You can add to them and adjust your ideas in a thousand different ways, just as you could change your LEGO creations as a kid! I’m so excited about these new toys that can create functional decor in your home simply by playing with blocks!