Whenever I think of pranking someone it reminds me of one of my best friends. He is the type of person that you really have to decide if pranking him is worth doing because the retaliation will be ten-fold. For instance, I once put a window decal for a college he hated on the back of his car. He told me to sleep with one eye open and I can assure you that, in the week it took for him to strike back at me, I was on edge. I was lucky that ultimately the thing he retaliated with was relatively mild because he ended up busting into my room along with his wife and sister-in-law at 2 am and they unloaded 2 cans each of silly string onto my bed. He later told me that he had planned to plastic wrap my car or have his dad arrest me, making me spend time in jail (which he could have done because of a warrant for my arrest due to an unpaid parking ticket). So, when I saw these bathroom pranks I immediately thought of him, but on second thought, I think I might use them on my husband or my step-son! That way, I won’t have to worry quite so much about putting a target on my own back when I unleash a monster no matter how much fun it might seem at the time.
1. I wonder how many ply you need when wiping with duct tape! I think I would rather use his drawing.
2. I’m pretty sure I would freak out if a head popped over the top of a public bathroom stall.
3. Put tape on the end of the faucet so it sprays everywhere and gets the user soaked in the process! Teach them for washing their hands.
4. This one involves cling wrap stretched tight across the porcelain of the toilet seat so the urine splashes on them when they pee. I wouldn’t recommend doing this to your own kids because the joke will be on you when you have to clean it up and wash their clothes.
5. Accidentally “pee” on the person using a public bathroom stall by cutting a small hole in the lid of a water bottle, to limit flow, point and shoot.
6. Unroll the toilet paper a little bit and draw a spider then roll it back up. As people use the toilet paper it will sneak up on someone especially if they see it through their peripheral vision.
7. Rig a fog horn to blow the next time someone sits on the toilet with some duct tape and a pen, which will press the button when they sit down. Happily, they will be in the perfect position when it scares the crap out of them.
8. Write a direct message to someone with a common name. Every “Matt” that uses this public bathroom will wonder why they are running from the bathroom.
9. Put extremely pointless ‘Out Of Order’ signs on random things in a public bathroom.
10. Bottle rocket in the shower? Not recommended.
11. Life size cutout in the guest bathroom of your house! I wonder how many people said “Oh, Sorry!” to Ron Burgundy before realizing it’s not an actual person.
12. Only do this one if you really hate someone… Turn their bathroom into a chicken coop! Not only do they have a huge mess to clean up, but they are then stuck with a chicken.
13. Stuff your clothes to make it look like there is a dead body in your bathroom.
14. Fake blood to make it look like the bathroom scene from Psycho happened in your bathroom! (However, I would get a higher quality fake blood product… most people don’t see in black and white.)
15. Put stickers on random objects saying they are voice activated and wait for people to ask nicely for things from machines! This would be more fun to do in an office where you know the people who may fall for it! That way you can make sure they never live it down.
16. Install a security camera in your bathroom just to freak out your guests! Even if you tell them it’s not hooked up, they will always wonder and will most likely avoid using your bathroom which means it will stay cleaner longer! Win-Win.
17. Place a creepy picture of a celebrity on the underside of the toilet seat so no one is comfortable using your bathroom.
18. Asking someone to help you out because there’s no toilet paper in your stall and then smearing them with poop, aka Nutella when they do a good deed. However, this may backfire on you when no one is willing to help anyone out and you really are stuck without toilet paper.
19. Lint roller on the toilet paper roll.
20. Switching men’s and women’s bathroom signs to really confuse people who walk into the wrong bathroom, plus it has the added bonus of possibly freaking out the people in the bathroom.
21. Nothing like tempting someone then calling them out for falling for it.
22. Honestly, I don’t understand this one. I must not be smart enough to get it because, frankly, I don’t get it. However, I’ll leave it on here despite the fact I’m showing my ignorance in the off-chance that YOU get it and find it hilarious.
23. Place a mannequin (or a life-size doll?) on the toilet. Similar to Ron Burgundy, I wonder how many people will apologize to it when they walk in on someone using the bathroom.
24. Place a restroom sign on an exit door. It’s even better if the door sounds the alarm when opened.
25. And the classic, put on a mask and wait behind the shower curtain prank.
26. Anyone who opens the linen closet will have a close encounter with a wide-eyed stare! Something you can do with your dummy after finishing hair school.
27. Put flour in the blow dryer so they get showered with a powder bomb of flour when they turn it on. This would be extra mean if you prank someone who spends an hour putting on makeup before drying their hair… So mean.
Some of these pranks are downright sinister. However, most are just in the name of good, harmless fun. I definitely picked out my favorites to try on my family members! The best part of pranking someone is knowing they will try to prank you back and anticipating that happening as long as that person doesn’t take a prank too far!