According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Reports more than $12 billion dollars was spent on cosmetic procedures in 2013. Less than 10% of that $12 billion was from men, which means women were responsible for over 90% of plastic surgery in the USA that year. According to this same report, this rate has gone up 471% in just 16 years (from 1997). I wonder if the reason for so much cosmetic surgery, from eyebrow lifts to nose surgery, can be attributed to the creation of social media which first debuted in 1997 and has taken off like wildfire since then. Social media is an amazing tool which helps us connect to people all around the world. A lot of good has come from these online tools, however I worry that they are not helping women, of all ages, with self image. It doesn’t help that women tend to be their own worst critics. Often finding fault with one or more of their own features that, to another, seems perfectly normal if not beautiful when looked at with a less critical eye. What people don’t understand is that the images they see online are often touched up prior to being posted. Here are 38 pictures of women who show what they look like au naturale compared to what they look like after they “put their faces on”. It’s amazing what a little makeup can do.
1. She obviously used makeup to enhance her beautiful eyes and slim her nose.
2. Makeup can be used to even skin tones.
3. It can change the shape of your eyes.
4. Makeup can easily fill in your eyebrows.
5. It enhances natural beauty.
6. And minimize skin blemishes.
7. Makeup can easily hide freckles.
8. And boost your confidence.
9. Makeup can disguise scars and birthmarks.