I am a huge fan of nature, beautiful photography, and photo editing techniques alike. What impresses me the most are the images of breathtaking travel destinations that make me want to pack my bags and go on an adventure. Whether it’s an endless dense forest, enormous waterfalls, never-ending beaches, or mirrored lakes, nature beholds unimaginable beauty and reverence. These amazing 25 shots of nature are absolutely breathtaking and humbling, to say the least. Someday, being able to visit them all would fulfill so many of my wants and desires, and would allow me to die a happy man.
1. Baobab Trees in Madagascar – Those trees look like they’re from the book “Where the Wild Things Are.”
2. Geiranger Fjord, Norway – Those Cruise Ships help illustrate the size of the mountains. And that crazy hiker has a long trek down.
3. Volcano Erupting in Iceland – Red lightning is absolutely unreal.
4. Thousand Islands Lake, China – I’m not seeing a thousand, but it would still be a beautiful place to visit.
5. Swiss Alps – Time to play Where’s Waldo with a guy playing the alpenhorn on the Ricola commercials.
6. Soca River, Slovenia – What an amazing color of blue in the water.
7. Northern Lake in Baikal, Russia – Unreal. This looks more like tinted glass than natural ice formations.
8. New Zealand – Perfect place to be at peace in your own little cabin. Amazing.
9. Mysterious Hallway in Oregon – The mystery is… Is this a place of beauty or a place to breed nightmares?
10. Mount Thor on Baffin Island, Canada – This peak boasts Earth’s greatest Verticle Drop of 4,101 feet. For those of you daring enough to try to climb this peak, camping is allowed.
11. Mt. Kilimanjaro, Kenya – This is the highest free-standing mountain in the world at 19,318 ft above sea level.
12. Maroon Bells in Aspen, Colorado – Astounding view of the cosmos in the background and reflected upon this still lake.
13. Isle of Skye in Scotland – Just ask William Wallace, this is a place worth fighting for!
14. Hidden Beaches of Kapaa, Hawaii – A surefire way to find yourself a little bit of privacy in paradise.
15. Glow Worm Cave in Waitamo, New Zealand – Glow worms are another one of nature’s miraculous and mysterious creatures.
16. Glacier National Park in Montana – That nearly perfect reflection is about enough to give you vertigo.
17. Giant Dunes in Namibia – Giant dunes? That is scary huge!
18. Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland – That is crazy. So hard to believe that this is NOT man-made.
19. Flowers Near Mt. Fuji, Japan- If you would bet that this is Photoshopped, you would lose!
20. Flatirons in Boulder, Colorado – The Rocky Mountains certainly are very powerful.
21. False Kiva in Canyonlands, Utah – Everything about the composition of this photo is amazing: the storm, the sky, the cave.
22. Active Volcano in Erta Ale, Ethiopia – How amazing would it be to be able to brag that you were there?
23. Dolomites, Italy – There’s a lot of WWI history that went down here.
24. Cueva Ventana, Puerto Rico – It’s like a window into a different world. I love the contrast of the cave to the lush green outside.
25. Bridalveil Falls in Yosemite National Park, California – The prismatic effect of the mist from the falls is absolutely unbelievable.
All images courtesy of Reddit.
These photos make it so hard to refrain from grabbing the credit card and booking another trip. I guess it’s time to save and plan and dream until I can make time to get away again. Now the hard part is going to be where to go first?