Celebrities are everyday people like you and me. That tends to get lost in all the glitz and glamour that accompanies a lifestyle of wealth and fame. While celebrities lives are definitely less stressful, they do still face the daily challenges of humans in general. They have to deal with traffic on the way home from work or the power might go out at their house. Sometimes they have to deal with much larger problems though. We hear about celebrities being involved in crimes all the time. Usually it involves tax evasion or other financial related crimes. DUI’s, drug charges and even assault charges are common on media outlets like TMZ. There are times though when the crimes go from minor, to unconscionable. When celebrities end up killing someone, it always ends up being big news. Here are the stories of 45 celebrities and how they deliberately or accidentally killed someone. The amount of celebrities who have killed people is pretty staggering. Some of the names on this list shocked me.
1. Aaron Hernandez – Hernandez was once considered one of the best tight ends in the NFL. He had just signed a $40 million dollar contract extension in 2012. He is awaiting trial on first degree murder in the killing of Odin Lloyd. Lloyd was found dead in an industrial park only a mile from Hernandez’s house. He was shot several times.
2. Amy Locane – Locane is a former actress on “Melrose Place”. In the year 2010, Locane was driving her car with a blood alcohol level 3 times higher than the legal limit. She struck another car, killing 60-year-old Helene Seeman while critically injuring her husband Fred. She was convicted of vehicular manslaughter and sentenced to 3 years in prison.
3. Brandy Norwood – Brandy is a world-famous singer, actress and judge on “Americas Got Talent” was involved in a freeway pileup in California in 2006. The accident unfortunately took the life of Awatef Aboudihaj. Awatef was driving the vehicle in front of Brandy, and actually struck the vehicle in front of her before Brandy ever hit Awatef. Though it was clearly just an accident, eye witnesses reported Brandy saying, “I should have stopped”.
4. Caitlyn Jenner – Caitlyn (formerly known as Bruce) Jenner was involved in a fatal crash in California in February 2015. Jenner’s car rear-ended a white car that was sent careening into oncoming traffic. The white car was then struck by a Hummer, killing the driver of the white car. Seven others sustained injuries of varying degrees in the accident. Jenner voluntarily submitted blood for a BAC test and was found to be neither drunk nor speeding. She initially claimed she was being chased by paparazzi, however police now believe that to be untrue.
5. C-Murder – The rapper known as C-Murder, whose real name is Corey Miller and brother of Percy “Master P” Miller is currently serving a life sentence for murder. In 2002 he beat and shot a 16 year-old fan Steve Thomas at a Louisiana nightclub.
6. Caleb Lawrence McGillvary – He became an internet sensation known as “Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker”. He is now also on trial for the murder of 73 year-old lawyer Joseph Galfy who was found murdered in his home in 2013.
7. Charles S. Dutton – At just 17 years-old, Charles Dutton got into a fight with another man and ended up killing him. He was convicted of manslaughter and would spend the next 7 years in prison.
8. Christian Brando – Son of the legendary actor Marlon Brando, Christian pleaded guilty to manslaughter after the shooting of his half-sister Cheyenne’s boyfriend Dag Drollet in May 1990. He claimed the shooting was accidental, but did say it happened during an altercation with Dag about his alleged abuse of Cheyenne. Brando was charged with first-degree murder originally, and served 5 years of a 10 year sentence.
9. Craig MacTavish – While he was a center for the Boston Bruins in 1984,
McTavish pleaded guilty to DUI and vehicular homicide after a car crash. He struck a 26 year-old female named Kim Radley. She died 4 days after the accident. MacTavish only served 1 year in jail, and ultimately played in the NHL for 17 seasons.
10. Don King – Don King has actually killed two separate men in two different incidents. King killed a man in self-defense as he was trying to break into King’s gambling operation. The next incident was definitely not self-defense. King was convicted of second-degree murder after he stomped to death an employee who owed him $600.
11. Duane “Dog” Chapman – “Dog” The Bounty Hunter was involved in a shooting in 1976 in the UK. He and his friends went to see Jerry Oliver to buy some weed when Jerry was shot to death. “Dog” was in the car at the time but was still convicted of first degree murder. He served 18 months of a five year sentence, and his barred from entering the UK ever again.
12. Dwayne Goodrich – Dwayne Goodrich is a former cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys. In 2003 however, he was convicted of two counts of criminally negligent homicide. Goodrich was driving on a Dallas freeway when he struck and killed two motorists on the side of the road who were attempting to rescue a man from a burning vehicle. Goodrich was sentenced to 7 years in prison, then had an additional 5 years added on.