Do you ever have a question pop into your head, but you are just too embarrassed to ask? Maybe it’s a question about bodily functions? Or why something works the way it does, but you are just too nervous to ask the question because you know you’ll get an embarrassing answer in return. Well then, you are in luck! We are here to help give you an answer to 12 embarrassing questions that you always wondered about but never wanted to ask. You can read the answers in the privacy of your own space. Don’t worry. We won’t judge you for wondering about these questions. Albert Einstein once said, “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
1. It’s actually a pretty easy explanation and not all that embarrassing. Coffee will cause a coordinated contraction and relaxation of the muscles in the large intestine , which in turn, makes you poop.
2. Have you ever noticed that your hair may have been a different color than it was when you were a kid? Well that’s because our hair does not actually contain color. Your hair color will vary depending on the amount of pigment secretion, explaining why your hair color will change from time to time. Maybe you had blonde hair as a baby, brown hair as a teenager, and when you hit 50, you go gray. Your body will eventually stop creating this hair pigment, which causes you to have gray hair. Every person is different, so that explains why some people go gray earlier than others.
3. This is a touchy subject in our household. Some say fart away, while others think you should go in an unoccupied room before releasing that gas. While holding in a fart won’t cause any long-term damage, it could cause bloating or a stomach ache. In worse case scenarios, it could even cause hemorrhoids or a distended bowel. Even though all of that sounds miserable, it shouldn’t cause you any worry. Once you fall asleep, your body will take care of that extra gas and you’ll release it while you dream of sweet nothings.
4. For starters, this could be because alcohol is not good for you and you probably should not have drank that much in the first place. Even though it sounded like a great idea last night at the bar. When you are feeling hung over, basically your body is trying to recover from your shenanigans. When you drink more alcohol, you will find yourself peeing more. With more pee and less water, you’ll become dehydrated, hence that throbbing headache. But it doesn’t stop there. Alcohol will cause your body to slow down its digestion, so your body won’t empty itself at its normal rate. You’ll digest food slower, and that will increase the production of your stomach acids, leading to nausea. Part of that headache that you get too is because drinking too much alcohol will cause your blood vessels to dilate. Want an answer on how to get around a hangover? Either take a hangover remedy pill like Dranky or… drink less!
5. This is an embarrassing subject for most men, but a perfectly healthy male will experience ‘morning’ wood 3-5 times while sleeping. The medical term for this is nocturnal penile tumescence. The cause of morning wood is because your body is stretching out two areas that are almost sponge like, forming an erection.
6. It is confusing why men have nipples when they don’t necessarily serve an actual purpose. But did you know that embryos will start out as a female in the womb, until testosterone kicks in, basically changing the genetic makeup of the baby? But the nipples were already made, so they are there to stay.
7. When you are sick or have allergies, it’s definitely the most annoying thing ever when one nostril is clogged but the other one isn’t. I think I’d rather have them both clogged, rather than just one. The reason this happens is that your nostrils like to work as a team. Typically one of them is working harder than the other. That is perfectly normal, but it just makes it more noticeable when you aren’t feeling 100%. Your autonomic nervous system is in charge of taking care of this function for you.
8. The worst thing ever is when you go in for a handshake and either your palms are super sweaty or the person you shake hands with has sweaty palms. EWW! But usually sweaty palms mean that you are either nervous, scared, or excited. When you are experiencing one of these emotions, your sympathetic nervous system kicks in which in turn stimulates your Eccrine glands causing you to sweat on your face, palms, armpits, and anywhere else you sweat.
9. Alright, now we are getting to the more embarrassing questions. Well, is it okay to pee in the ocean? Plain and simple, yes you can pee in the ocean. Your pee is made up of 95% water, and also contains sodium and chloride ions. Because of this, your pee contains urea, which is not found naturally in the ocean. Urea is basically a water-soluble organic compound and it is used to help get nitrogen out of your body. When you pee in the ocean, and your pee mixes with the ocean water, the nitrogen in the urea will actually produce ammonium. And that’s okay because ammonium will act as food for plant life found in the ocean. Who knew!
10. Even though it’s gross to think about the fact that people pee in the pool, it’s actually safe to do so. We aren’t saying that you should go and empty your bladder in the pool, but it won’t kill anyone when it happens. Originally it was thought that pee would turn into a toxic chemical when mixed with pool water called cyanogen chloride. This is very similar to tear gas. It was found that this wasn’t necessarily true because the amount of chlorine needed for this would probably kill you before the cyanogen chloride would.
11. This one has a pretty simple answer. Typically when you are in the shower, your body physically relaxes. This physical relaxation in turn leads to mental relaxation, meaning you are more comfortable with your surroundings and you want to sing at the top of your lungs. Also it seems like bathrooms have really amazing acoustics, making you sound like the next Whitney Houston.
12. It seems the older I get, the faster I get nauseous after going on an amusement park ride. There are only 3 reasons that usually cause us to throw up: your brain gets upset, your stomach is upset, or your hormones are all over the place. Well, when you spin around in a circle, your brain is getting upset because the fluid in your brain and your inner ears are dealing with chaos, causing you to throw up.
There you have it! The answers to 12 embarrassing questions, and you didn’t have to dirty up your search history with such crazy questions. These answers will also make you the king or queen of useless information at your next get together. What other questions do you have that are just a little too embarrassing to say out loud?