If you’ve ever brought a date home to meet the family, you are probably no stranger to the idea of embarrassment. How many people do you know that can claim to be the one person that did something so astronomically stupid, that an entire city is world-renowned for that solitary act? I live in a small, po-dunk town and I could name off about a dozen people who probably should have made this list, but none of them ever have. Take a few moments to read through these cities crowning embarrassments, and then let us know about your friends that have done something equally stupid.
1. New Orleans, Louisiana: That or it’s to keep the amateur pole dancers from attempting to perfect their art during Mardi Gras. But I don’t know, some people might think a greased pole sounds like a good thing.
2. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: You’d think they would have come up with something better than that like “St. Eagles” or “Steel Eagles.” Steel Eagles would definitely work better with the war effort.
3. Chicago, Illinois: Best place in the states to be a police officer? You decide!
4. Las Vegas, Nevada: Tax evasion at its finest. If I tried to do the same thing, I’d be locked up for 5 to 15.
5. Kansas City, Missouri: You know you’re looking for some weird stuff when your Google history has Department of Homeland Security and Panty Raid in the same sentence.
6. Jacksonville, Florida: 60 days? Most people living with their significant other would welcome the break. Just saying.
7. Charlotte, North Carolina: That’s my kind of race… Minus the running part.
8. Houston, Texas: I wouldn’t have wanted to be the security officer conducting that search. Needless to say, I’m sure someone got fired.
9. Boston, Massachusetts: Well, that’s just a crappy break.
10. Portland, Oregon: Water that’s been peed in or water that houses dead animals; I don’t want to drink either one.
11. Baltimore, Maryland: After 20 years, I think it’s pretty much a habit. Do they have an AA type meeting for habitual lawn poopers?
12. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Was the basis of the arrest the mayo, or the fact that he was in the fountain?
13. Washington, D.C.: Now that’s a bit of historical irony.
14. Tucson, Arizona: Excuse me officer, this is a life or death situation.
15. Arlington, Virginia: And I thought it would have been a factory making jello pudding pops.
16. Columbus, Ohio: Give me vanity or give me incarceration.
17. Mesa, Arizona: Hey, Chief! Get the hell out of my barn.
18. San Jose, California: Giant dog poop. Stay classy, San Jose.
19. Denver, Colorado: Oh, those sneaky little stoners.
20. Atlanta, Georgia: I wonder if that church is full of all the single ladies?
21. Seattle, Washington: Sounds like the same financing plan as they have on automobiles now a days!
22. New York City, New York: Segregation in the Big Apple? Who’d have thunk it?
23. Detroit, Michigan: This information would be helpful to tease my Detroit Lion’s fan friends, if I had any friends that were Lion’s fans.
24. Tulsa, Oklahoma: Oh, the things that people do when they’re on drugs. I don’t know how I’m still surprised at their stupidity.
25. Albuquerque, New Mexico: I see nothing wrong with this. Doughnuts are delicious.
26. Denver, Colorado: Well, if the gangs would just quit using numbers. The thoughtless twits!
27. Fresno, California: Aw, crap. I guess attempting to drink God’s tears must be, in some way, blasphemous.
28. Memphis, Tennessee: This is just terrible..
29. San Francisco, California: I think their slogan is something like, “Come give us a helping hand, for charity.”
30. Los Angeles, California: Yeah. The Milky Way has been there for a long time. We won’t be citing it for trespass today.
These facts have got me shaking my head while I laugh and ponder these people’s actions. How bad do you have to screw up before you’re considered the embarrassment of an entire city? What do you have to do to motivate government officials to actually create new laws? Well, now we have the answers. Share your experiences with us in the comments section. I mean, um, tell us some of the crazy things ‘your friends’ have done.