As soon as the weather starts warming up and the nighttime temperature rises above about 50°, it’s time to go camping in my book. It’s time to dust off the tent, the sleeping bags, and all the other gear that you bring along on your outdoor excursion. At that point you head to the closest beach or mountain range, and set up camp for a few nights. It’s a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life, while still spending quality time with your friends and family. It’s a great way to get rejuvenated without spending tons of money on a spa day or a massage. Just you and the people you choose to invite, and nature. But have you ever thought that camping should be a little easier? Well have no fear! Here are 24 fun camping hacks that will make you want to pack up your gear and run to the hills!
1. BBQ’d Banana Boats – I’ve actually made these for my family before using the BBQ grill and they were a huge hit. Cut just one side of the banana, remove the banana, and dice it up. Put the banana in a bowl along with whatever toppings you’d like. Some great options are small marshmallows, peanut butter and chocolate chips, and coconut. Mix your banana and toppings together, then stuff it back into the banana. Wrap in foil and BBQ until it’s all been melted together. Top with whipped cream and a cherry, then serve.
2. Campfire Cones – This works similarly to the BBQ’d Banana Boats, but rather than a banana you use an empty ice cream cone. Stuff it with whatever toppings you’d like, but add some fruit like bananas or strawberries. Wrap in foil, then BBQ until melted. Be careful. These can be hot coming right off the fire.
3. Peanut Butter Jar Lantern – This one is very easy. All you need is an empty peanut butter jar, along with the top from another one. You’ll also need parchment paper, glue, a battery operated votive candle, and something to use as a handle. Check out the full instructions HERE.
4. Kamp Kadi – This item can be found in some camping stores or online. It has holders for condiments, a trash bag, paper towels, radio and mugs. Keep your camping kitchen area organized with this awesome tool.
5. Campfire Donuts – These simple campfire donuts are made by using store bought biscuits and cutting a hole in the middle. You’ll fry them in a dutch oven skillet. You can cover them in powdered sugar and cinnamon or just eat them plain, but they are fun and delicious!
6. Duct Tape Wrapped Lighter – Rather than taking a gigantic roll of duct tape, when you probably won’t need all of it, this easy hack makes it convenient. Wrap your Bic lighter with a small amount of duct tape and you’ll have both a lighter and tape.
7. Eggs In A Jar – If you hate dealing with broken eggs when you get to your camp site, break your eggs into a mason jar, and pack the mason jar in your cooler. You don’t have to worry about egg shells this way either. I’ve also used a large Nalgene bottle as well.
8. Fire Starters – Don’t throw away your toilet paper rolls or dryer lint. Just stuff the lint in the empty toilet paper roll, put in the fire, and light the lint. It’s simple and easy.
9. Kitchen Organizer – Have everything you need within reach by using a collapsible tool organizer and filling it with all of your kitchen items that you’ll need while camping. You can include spatulas, tongs, silverware, measuring cups, foil, etc. You can pick up one of these convenient organizers at your local hardware store. Just take a look at all the tool bags.
10. Water Spout – This is great for washing hands while camping. You wouldn’t necessarily want to drink out of this, but it’s easy to wash your hands using this spout without having to use river or stream water.
11. Itchy Mosquito Bites – If you get bit by a mosquito while camping, that can be terrible! But bring some Orajel or other tooth numbing medication, and just put this on your mosquito bites. Also check out this easy DIY mosquito catcher.
12. Blueberry Orange Muffins – These look so awesome and delicious. You’ll only need a few ingredients to make these muffins and they can just be thrown into the campfire to be cooked. Check out the directions HERE.
Click The Button Below To See More Fun Camping Hacks.
[button-red url=”/fun-camping-hacks/2/” ]CLICK FOR MORE[/button-red]