What goes on inside prisons? What is the day-to-day life of a prisoner like? These are questions that many people around the world have asked themselves. How someone who is locked in a concrete cube passes the time is a fascinating thing to think about. I try to give most prisoners the benefit of the doubt. I like to think that just the act of being sentenced and going to prison is enough to get most of them to want to turn their life around and pursue opportunities outside of being a criminal. There are plenty of prisoners that have no intention of changing however. They have been involved in crime for so long that they don’t know any other way to survive. These are prisoners that cause many of the problems that occur in prisons throughout the world. They just don’t care who they have to hurt or kill to get their way. This does not mean they are not resourceful however. If you’ve ever seen some of the weapons that prisoners have created while locked up, it really is quite astonishing how they pieced them together from pretty much nothing. These 20 photos show handmade prison weapons and how they were made. Some of these are so elaborate and well thought out, that you can’t help but admire the men who created them. Check out these deadly prison weapons, and be amazed at the ingenuity that it took to create them.
1. This looks like the gnarliest set of brass knuckles I’ve ever seen. You could in inflict some serious damage with this thing.
2. In all honesty, I don’t really know what this is supposed to be. Possibly a hand made electric grill or a bug zapper? Either way it’s it’s obviously dangerous.
3. This guy literally made a shank disguised as a crucifix. Give him an A for effort.
4. When prisoners start making guns, that’s when I start to worry about things a bit.
5. Even the non-functioning weapons these prisoners made look real.
6. This “wrist rocket” could be very deadly with the right projectile. The inmate could also shoot notes and letters to the outside world.
7. I’ve heard of teenagers making bongs out of soda cans and bottles. An empty horseradish tube is definitely a new and innovative one however.
8. The design of this is really rather simple. When put to use however, the efficiency of it would also be very high. That blade will cut through flesh no problem or iron bars after some work.
9. Prison tattoos are extremely popular with inmates. There are plenty of examples of prison made tattoo guns all over the internet. The ingenuity is just as impressive as the weapons we’ve been looking at.
10. I wouldn’t want to get anywhere near someone wielding this thing. Those razor blades would cut you all over.