When it comes to the English language, simply put, it doesn’t make much sense a lot of the time. For example, the sentence “The bandage was wound around the wound.” How does wound have two different definitions and pronunciations when it is spelled the exact same way? I can’t imagine speaking another language then trying to learn English. It really doesn’t make sense most of the time. Luckily, we have 23 words with some very honest word definitions.
1. It seems like we shouldn’t have to pay for someone to babysit when all they do is use up my amenities, but that’s what happens when you want a little bit of a break.
2. Definitely been down that road a time or two.
3. So that’s what is happening with all of my clothes!
4. Yes, this is exactly why I have avoided mine for the last 15 years.
5. This is sad, but true.
6. I currently have a pile of clothes that are ‘Dry-Clean Only’ sitting in my laundry room.
7. I swear even a bright red Lego becomes camouflaged when it is sitting in the carpet.
8. This is the only true benefit of doing a group project.
9. Alright, this one made me laugh.
10. It seems that everyone is a hipster these days that it’s kind of lost the insult behind the word.
11. But do you really get it or am I going to have to explain myself again tomorrow?
12. One of the many benefits of using email.
13. How true is this? And about 90% of the time the coffee isn’t nearly as good as it should be considering what you paid for it.
14. This is definitely true when it comes to bringing groceries in from the car.
15. Netflix and chill.
16. This is only true about 50% of the time. If you have a pet that you actually like all of the time, you are pretty lucky.
17. Single definition is spot on.
18. Or a device used to get you out a conversation with a random stranger that won’t stop talking.
19. What is it about reading that will instantly put you to sleep?
20. Thanks to Google, this one may not be as true anymore unless it comes to the word definitely. That one gets people every time.
21. Or when you are trying to get your friend in trouble with their spouse, it’s always funny to tag them at inappropriate locations.
22. Oh, how true this is!
23. Don’t worry, I’m a doctor. I find all of my information on WebMD. I wonder how many doctors actually hate WebMD.
These honest word definitions gave me a pretty good laugh, especially the words foot and happiness. There really is not a better spot to lay down than where your laptop was resting, or even your cat, keeping it all nice and warm for you. It’s too bad these aren’t the definitions listed in the Webster dictionary. If words had more hilarious definitions, I bet kids would learn a little bit more and retain information a little bit better.