I truly believe that teachers have one of the hardest jobs on the planet. But yet they are the most selfless, dedicated, and caring group of people I have ever known. They devote their lives to improve the well-being of children that aren’t even their own. That is what I like to call sacrifice. For one third-grade teacher, Kyle Schwartz, she brainstormed for a new and improved way to get inside her student’s brain. And what she came up with has turned into a social media frenzy. She decided to play a new game called “I Wish My Teacher Knew”. This game gives the students an opportunity to write down a secret that they wish they could tell their teacher, but for whatever reason, they are not be able to. Schwartz shared some of the images on her Twitter, and they are eye opening to say the least.
1. These brutally honest notes have allowed Schwartz to see her students in a completely different light.
2. Schwartz works for Doull Elementary. It has a student body that’s more than 90% Latino, with many of the students coming from underprivileged backgrounds.
3. Some kids shared their dreams
4. While others reflected on their unfortunate home life.
5. Some of these are just heartbreaking, but students really opened up when they were able to submit the notes anonymously.
You can see more about Kyle Schwartz and her campaign by watching the ABC interview below.
Schwartz started sharing these images on her Twitter and it quickly went viral with #Iwishmyteacherknew. Students from around the world started sharing their secrets and other teachers started using this method in their classes to gain a better insight on the struggles and dreams of the kids. I think the movement that Schwartz has started is powerful and hopefully helps students and teachers build a stronger relationship with honesty. It’s great that a teacher can take a relatively simple concept and bring out an entirely new perspective.
Be Sure To Share These Powerful I Wish My Teacher Knew Notes With Your Friends Below.