If you were to read any of these inspirational quotes without knowing who they are from, you might feel very inspired. They are all quite good. Knowing the evil people who said them may change that feeling of inspiration a little. It’s a shame really.
1. “Words build bridges into unexpected regions.” – Adolph Hitler, perpetrator of genocide and responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people.
2. “Countless millions who have walked this earth before us have gone through this, so this is just an experience we all share.” – Ted Bundy, serial killer with an estimated 30-36+ victims.
3. “A man’s gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.” – Jim Jones, cult leader that is responsible for the death of 910 cult members and 5 members of the media.
4. “Equality means nothing unless incorporated into the institutions.” – Slobodan Milosevic, perpetrator of genocide, war crimes, and murder. Responsible for the deaths of up to 230,000 people.
5. “Don’t drink at all, don’t smoke, you must exercise and eat vegetables and fruit.” – Robert Mugabe, Prime Minister of Zimbabwe, accused of many crimes against humanity.
6. “I believe in one thing only, the power of the human will.” – Joseph Stalin Soviet Union leader, responsible for 20-60 million deaths.
7. “Any law which violates the unalienable rights of man is essentially unjust and tyrannical; it is not a law at all.” – Maximilien Robespierre, French politician, executed without trial for killing thousands of suspected non-supporters.
8. “He who stops being better stops being good.” – Oliver Cromwell, leader in England whose corruption and negligence led to the deaths of more than 200,000 people.
9. “The writer is the engineer of the human soul.” – Joseph Stalin, Soviet Union leader responsible for the death of 20-60 million.
10. “The oppressed peoples can liberate themselves only through struggle. This is a simple and clear truth confirmed by history.” -Kim ll-Sung, Supreme Leader of North Korea, killed more than 1 million of his own citizens.
11. “The real strong have no need to prove it to the phonies.” – Charles Manson, cult leader who murdered 7 people.
I guess this goes to show that even horrible human beings can have intelligent things to say. Or maybe it is a glimpse of good before they succumbed to evil.