The Cold War era in the United States is like no other time in history. People were fearful everyday that this might be it. This may be the day that the United States and the Soviet Union finally go to war. The outcome of this happening would have been the almost certain and total annihilation of both countries, and possibly most of the world. This threat was a daily reality for hundreds of millions of people living in both countries. Children in the United States would practice bomb drills in school out of fear that they may be attacked at some point. Although I’m not really sure what hiding under a desk is going to do when nuclear bombs are being detonated. Well this reality was such a big concern for some, that they decided to take matters into their own hands. The wealthier in America had the luxury of building a highly technologically sophisticated, multi million dollar bunker that would actually provide shelter and security if The Cold War ever escalated to actually all out war. Well if you’re still in the market for a perfectly usable and functional underground bunker, the seller of this multi million dollar bunker may have something for you!
1. This is the property, located in Savannah, GA. As you can see, it is situated on a pretty big piece of land that looks to be far away from any major population centers.
2. The bunker was built-in 1969 at the height of The Cold War, and is located 45 feet underground. The bunker has two different levels. The top level is entirely comprised of apartments, while the other contains the common areas.
3. The bunker was actually originally built for military training purposes. It has since been repurposed into a luxury underground living space. These are the living quarters. At about 600 square feet, they’re quite spacious for being underground.
4. This is the bottom level of the facility. There is a lot contained in this area such as a classroom/meeting room, a workshop and even decontamination showers.
5. Chris Salamone, co-owner of Bastion Holdings the company selling the bunker, said it “offers the ultimate safe haven for any family, business or government that wants the ultimate in security and comfort.”
6. The stairs leading down into this concrete lair. The entire bunker was brought up to government codes and renovated in 2012.
7. This bunker has the ability to withstand a 20 kiloton nuclear blast, terrorist attacks and civil disturbances. I can’t imagine being down there, knowing the world was burning above you.
8. This is the media/games room. There is enough room to accommodate quite a few people. You will definitely need entertainment when you see the same people day after day.
9. If you plan on being in this bunker for any extended period of time, a classroom is a must. Education can’t stop just because the world is falling apart.
10. Beautifully stained cabinets and granite countertops offer chefs a beautiful kitchen to work in, even during the end of the world.
Click The NEXT PAGE Button below To See More Of This Luxury Bunker!