As you read these words, you will instantly think of the people you know that fit them. We all know one or two people who fit each of these words, or maybe one or two fit you. If you have ever been in a work training class then you know that an askhole does in fact exist, and yes they make every second of that training class seem like torture. Really people, stop with the pointless questions and let everyone get on with their lives! Okay, so getting back on track, these words are all portmanteaus. This is when you take two words and mash the meaning and the sound together to get a new one. An example would be the word brunch, breakfast + lunch = brunch. The urban dictionary is full of these new words. They are pretty clever, take a look.
1. Askhole – I often wonder if askholes have any clue how annoying they are. Another take on askhole would be people who ask for advice but never take it.
2. Bedgasm – It feels SO GOOD!
3. Textpectation – Waiting waiting waiting…. oh there is a buzz! Oh it’s from someone else, damn it!
4. Masturdating – You can probably save a lot of money doing this. Plus you will never shoot yourself down at the end of the night.
5. Chairdrobe – Most teenagers have this down to an art form.
6. Cellfish – I love when people do this at restaurants.
7. Nonversation – Is this a good or bad thing?
8. Destinesia – This has happened to me once or twice.
9. Errorist – Sounds like an ex I once had.
10. Carcolepsy – Most babies have this.
11. Hiberdating – And then feel like jerks when they break up and have to go crawling back to their friends.
12. Ambitchous – We have all met one.
13. Youniverse – But enough about me, let me tell you more about me!
14. Internest – Did this replace cuddling up with a good book?
15. Columbusing – Happy Thanksgiving!
16. Afterclap – You will notice this next time you are somewhere and everyone claps.
17. Unkeyboardinated – And then you just blame it on your spell check.
18. Dudevorce – Poor dude bros.
19. Beerboarding – Loose lips sink ships.
20. Epiphanot – It seemed so amazing at first, and then after a little thought it was a dud.
21. Unlightening – The internet does this to me daily.
22. Nerdjacking – I dare someone to tell the next person that does this to stop nerdjacking their conversation. DO IT!
23. Nomonym – Tastes like chicken?
24. Doppelbanger – It’s even weirder when they marry that person.
25. Irrightional – Don’t get me started.
26. #Asstag – #whatwhat #savetreedesk #floorblue
27. Factivist – The internet will save us all!
28. Chiptease – Has anyone ever opened a bag of potato chips and had it been even half full? Ever!?
29. Onlineness – You know someone has this problem when they are always the first to like your posts no matter what day or time you post.
How many of those words were you able to associate with someone you know, whether it’s a co-worker, significant other, or friend? I say with at least half of them, someone instantly came to mind. Do you think you will incorporate any of these words into your vocabulary? Even if I don’t incorporate them into my vocabulary, I know that they will come to mind when the situation is fitting.
Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.