Modern technology has revolutionized the way we communicate and live. There are so many good things about the technology that we have today. I wouldn’t be able to do my job without it. Looking at the things we had growing up though, it can really make you feel nostalgic. It takes you back to simpler times of being a kid, without any cares or worries. Modern kids have a hard time understanding and appreciating this old technology. They have access to so many things that we didn’t, it can be hard for them to appreciate what we got so excited about as kids. Take a trip down memory lane and check out these pieces of old technology. If you’re like me, they will definitely have you day dreaming about your childhood.
1. In the age of digital cameras, film has become almost obsolete.
2. Before the internet there were these. Encyclopedias where you would look up all your homework and research projects.
3. Searching library card indexes for the location of the book you needed.
4. You won’t find many of these anymore, except for professional T.V. broadcasts.
5. Adjusting the bunny ears on your T.V. to get signal was one of the biggest pains in ass ever.
6. Floppy discs held the first computer program I ever used.
7. You used to have to get your checkout and return date stamped on an actual library card.
8. What’s this thing? Oh yeah, that’s an actual map, what we used before GPS.
9. You used to have to wait a year or more for your favorite movies to come out on VHS. My grandma used to send my brother and I every new Disney movie that came out.
10. Whenever we wanted to go see a movie, we would have to grab the paper and check the times they were playing.
11. One of the best games, and best consoles ever invented. I still remember how excited I was when I got my Super Nintendo.
12. Believe it or not, telephones didn’t always have button. You used to have to turn a dial to whatever number you wanted.
Click The NEXT Button To See More Pieces Of Old Technology!