Memorial Day is only a few short weeks away. It is a time that the whole nation remembers to pay special tribute to those who have died serving our country. Your Facebook feeds will be filled with people thanking those that have served our country, as well as with posts similar to this one you are reading now. Those serving in our Armed Forces sacrificing everything, including their limbs and lives if that’s what is required of them, deserve more than just a day or two out of the year. Although it seems like so little when compared to those who sacrificed their all, here are 21 powerful Military photos that are guaranteed to bring a tear to your eye.
1. This little boy’s father died while serving in Afghanistan. His mom caught him visiting with his father’s portrait. This just breaks my heart!
2. This Labrador Retriever, named Hawkeye, refused to leave the side of his owner, Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson, who was killed in Afghanistan when a rocket-propelled grenade hit his helicopter.
3. Richard Barnett, a US Navy Hospital Corpsman, holds a child that was separated from her family during the Iraq War in 2003.
4. Two soldiers comforting each other after their comrade was wounded while on patrol by an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan.
5. Two soldiers comfort each other during the Korean War in the early 1950’s.
6. Joseph Dwyer removes an injured boy away from a dangerous area during the Iraq War.
7. A US Military police officer is comforted after seeing some Iraqi children who were brought to the base after being seriously injured.
8. This touching photo of a little boy saying goodbye to his father one last time.
9. Terri Gurrola has a very emotional reunion with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months.
10. A soldier meets his baby for the very first time. You can feel the emotion. The things these soldiers sacrifice for us while they are serving are unimaginable. I’m so glad he made it home to his family!
11. Specialist Dean Oldt, a marksman with the 101st Airborne, has a touching reunion with his father.
Click The Button Below For More Powerful Military Photos
[button-red url=”/powerful-military-photos/2/” ]CLICK HERE FOR MORE[/button-red]