My step son is currently sporting a mullet. I believe he thinks of himself as a trend-setter but, unfortunately (or fortunately for all other parents out there), it’s just not catching on with his peers. Despite his solidarity in style choices, he is refusing to let it go regardless of the teasing he receives or the pleading from myself and his dad. I wish his father and I had some say in his choice of hair style but he is 13 years old and there is no reasoning with a teenager. Maybe, just maybe he would choose a different style if we lived near Rob The Original, who is a barber with an amazing talent in San Antonio, TX. Rob The Original has an incredible skill with clippers, shears, and color which he uses to create portraits on the back of his client’s heads. Some of his work features basketball stars like Lebron James and musicians including Michael Jackson. I am completely amazed by the detail he is able to infuse into his work. Here are some examples of Rob The Original’s work:
1. Getting ready for the World Cup 2014.
2. An amazing portrait with color of the Mexican National Team’s goalkeeper, Guillermo Ochoa.
3. Adding some a little bit of Messi into the hair.
4. Nice to see Tim Howard made an appearance.
5. This portrait looks almost identical to Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez.
6. The attention to detail that he puts in his hair cuts is really incredible.
7. Tim Duncan won’t be holding that trophy this year, but at least this person has it shaved into his head.
8. Once he starts adding color, these really pop!
9. We’ve got a HUGE Oklahoma City Thunder fan on our hands here.
10. Can’t forget Tupac.
11. Well this seems pretty fitting.
12. Even the eyes have a ton of detail.
13. Most little boys are jealous of this hair cut right about now!
14. How does he do this with hair? They look like paintings, not a shaved head or a fade.
Believe me when I say I would prefer any of the above work’s of art over my step-son’s mullet. I’m tempted to shave his head while he is sleeping, but I know he will never forgive me. Maybe a trip to Texas is in our future so we can let Rob The Original create an original piece of art out of my son’s mane, although knowing my step-son he would choose to have Santa Claus shaved onto his scalp so he can keep the length that he worked so hard on to grow out.
Be Sure To Share Rob’s Amazing Talent With Your Friends!