Have you ever seen a photograph that just leaves you speechless? It brings out your raw emotions and there is no hiding it. Well that’s exactly what these photographs will do to you. They’ll leave you shocked, heartbroken, and possibly bring you to tears. I know that is what a few of these did, bringing me pretty close to tears. All of these photographs had a huge impact on the world of photography, showing that you can trigger emotions with one simple picture. Some of these may be disturbing, but all of them are very real and show the way life is for many people in this world. Here are 20 photographs that will leave you speechless but hopefully they will open your eyes up to the world around you.
1. This is a Russian soldier who served in WWII. He sat here every year in a parade with each of his fellow soldiers. As the years went on, the number of soldiers got smaller and smaller. Now on this year after traveling hundreds of miles to make it to the parade, he is the only one who is left. He sat there alone.
2. Hubble Deep Field Photography
3. A sunset on Mars.
4. A soldier making the long walk to diffuse a car bomb in Northern Ireland.
5. Neil Armstrong after the first moonwalk.
6. Regina Walters, moments before being murdered by Robert Ben Rhoades, who was a serial killer that picked up hitchhikers. Regina was a 14-year-old runaway from Texas and her body was found in a barn in Illinois. When police found Rhoades, they found the below photo.
7. Homelessness in Milwaukee.
8. Nuremberg Nazi Rally, 1937
9. Michael Collins was the astronaut who took this photo. Because the picture is taken of Earth, he is the only human, alive or dead, not pictured in this photo.
10. A man on the side of the road who accidentally hit and killed an 8-year-old boy with his car.
11. A Turkish official teasing starving Armenian children with bread during the Armenian genocide, 1915.
12. A Filipino politician taking a photo of his family just seconds before his assassination.
13. Two windmill engineers moments before dying.
14. A Chinese monk prays with a dead elderly man in a train station in China.
15. A Japanese woman is devastated while sitting amongst the rubble created by the recent tsunami.
16. The orange Sossusvlei sand dunes in Namibia.
17. A boy tries to wake up his alcoholic father.
18. The last Jew in Vinnitsa.
19. A suicide hotline on the Golden Gate Bridge.
20. Undulating cloud formations.
These are truly some amazing and powerful photographs. Some of them are beautiful, while others are very difficult to encompass. All of them however exude emotion which deserves a sound respect on its own.