Trends come and trends go. Many times we look back at old pictures of ourselves and wonder, “What the hell were we thinking?”. This goes with fashion, hair styles, music, even past ex-boyfriends and girlfriends. Well these all create memories that we can enjoy and provide a little reminder of our past. One of these trends is a little different though. One of these trends is completely permanent. I’m talking about tattoos, of course. Tattoos can be a perfect representation of who you are and what you enjoy. A tattoo can express your individuality or represent something that holds a deep meaning to you. Sometimes a tattoo is nothing more than a beautiful work of art that someone truly enjoys. These aren’t usually regrettable decisions because they hold meaning and offer a reminder of that time in someone’s life. That’s not always the case when getting something so permanent though. Often times people don’t put a lot of thought into their tattoos and go off a whim. Many times people don’t research exactly what they are getting. Chinese character tattoos became quite popular almost a decade ago and surprisingly enough, the majority of the people with them don’t speak Chinese. In fact, the majority of people with Chinese character tattoos have no Chinese descent or have even been to China. This means a lot of trust was put into the tattoo artist and their decryption of the Chinese alphabet. Well mistakes can be made and in this case, permanent mistakes were made. These are embarrassing to say the least. Luckily without an interpreter, not many people will ever know the true meanings behind them. Well these have been deciphered and the fails are hilarious! Take a look and think twice about Chinese character tattoos.
1. You might want to just lock yourself in your room.
2. Phew, I was worried he may have had wife hands. Thanks for the clarification.
3. That’s so deep. Well it’s 6 foot deep anyway.
4. It looks like it with the quality of that tattoo.
5. I bet your personality is beautiful though.
6. Well, I will do my best to avoid you.
7. Swift like a ninja, dumb as a rock.
8. The artist knew what they were doing here.
9. Possibly their nick name. This one gets a pass.
10. Might be a reminder on how to get over a cold?
11. Does the artist have a restaurant menu to go off of?
12. One angry gym goer. Not surprisingly, this is the type of person you will typically find with this style of ink.
13. Complete face palm.
14. Why didn’t you just Google it first?
15. Yes, yes it is.
17. They don’t feel good.
18. You only have one and this is what you decided to get?
19. Yes we see that. You don’t need to describe it with a trendy tattoo.
20. I like your attitude sir!
21. Were you high when you got this?
22. This. Is. Terrible!
23. Teach me your ways!
24. Excuse me sir but you have a little sperm on your arm.
25. God had no part of this one.
26. Can’t tell if this is serious or a mistake…
Well that was a little bit of regret that will be with these idiots for the rest of their lives. Hopefully they take it as a memory and a reminder to think before you act. Do a little research before you PERMANENTLY brand yourself as an idiot. Luckily for these people I don’t know anyone that speaks Chinese so their word is as credible as the translations in the pictures above. But I will now be referencing this post each time I see one of my friends Chinese character tattoos.