Whenever you look at then and now photos the first thing you expect to see ifs change, and a lot of it. And some of these pictures have just that. Technology is a great example of something that has evolved in great leaps and bounds. But then looking at some of these, I am reminded of some of the great things in life that can never change, like true love and lifelong friendship. And Will Smith, that guy never ages. Is he a vampire? Check out these 38 then and now photos to see how much we have evolved in some areas, but how much we’ve gone backwards in others.
1. Afghanistan – If it were not for the dates and one of the photos being back and white, you might think the second one is the older picture.
2. NWA – So much has changed.
3. Forrest Gump – It’s amazing how some people don’t age, while others do.
4. Hulk and Thor – Movie Technology has certainly changed a lot over the years.
5. Social Media Birthdays – Turn your notifications off the day before your birthday. Problem solved!
6. Magazine Rack – Now isn’t this the truth!
7. Reenacted Baby Pictures – Sometimes these are just awkward.
8. Hard Drive Storage – Now that is certainly one thing that has changed a ton over the years, technology.
9. Buzz McCallister – It’s always interesting to see what young actors look like when they are older, especially when they aren’t as popular as some like Drew Barrymore.
10. Star Wars – Chewbacca is looking good in his old age.
11. More Reenacted Baby Pictures – Do you think that is the same bathtub in both pictures?
12. Kevin Smith – He lost a lot of weight.
13. All Grown Up – It’s cute seeing both of them all grown up and that they’re still the best of friends.
14. Recreating Family Pictures – Now these are just funny.
15. Now They Are 21 – Why is her shirt undone?
16. Some Things Never Change – One thing is for sure, she always had excellent taste in whiskey.
17. Friends Many Years Later – It’s great they were able to get this many people together years later.
18. Photocopied Faces – A mom and son still goofing off together.
19. A Boy And His Dog – I’m glad the dog no longer has a hurt leg.
20. MTV Has Ruined The World – Sad, but true.
21. Still in Love – What a great picture to recreate. Beautiful!
22. America! – We have definitely changed the way we eat.
23. Not Much Has Changed – They have aged well!
24. Video Games – Remember playing Super Mario Brothers? Now look at video games!
25. Father, Son, and Dog – This is a sad one.
26. Jaime Foxx And His Daughter – He hasn’t aged much over the years, but she is definitely a very beautiful girl.
27. Video Game Technology – I bet the parents loved that they never fought when they played video games.
28. Stuffed Animal – They will always be childhood friends.
29. Updated Video Technology – Funny how that works.
30. Star Wars – How fun to take this then and now picture of brother and sister.
31. Friends For Life – It’s great that they are able to cherish these moments.
32. A Boy And His Dog – This is definitely man’s best friend.
33. Jake Lloyd – Not really the best way to get an update on him.
34. Cars have Changed – Pretty cool to see them side by side.
35. Then And Now Can Be Heartbreaking – Interesting with the pictures behind.
36. Snail Mail vs Email – We are spoiled.
37. Best Friends – This is just too cute.
38. Reunited And It Feels So Good – Always interesting seeing actors as they get a little older as well.
I find then and now photos so interesting. Some are funny, some happy, some sad. If you think about it, you never know when you are taking a picture today, if 10, 20, or even 40 years down the road it will become part of a then and now series. Almost any picture could become one.