I don’t know about you, but sometimes traveling can be a burden rather than a vacation. Well, let me rephrase that, preparing and packing for a vacation can be a huge hassle. For some, it is trying to squeeze a ton of necessities for a large family into suitcases or maybe you are doing an adventurous trip and are needing some suggestions to pack a few weeks of clothes in a tiny backpack. Either way, whatever your traveling needs may be, we are here to help make the unruly chore of preparing for a vacation a whole lot easier. The following 26 travel hacks are designed to save you time and help create some much-needed space in your luggage.
1. Use shower caps when packing your shoes. This will help prevent your clean clothes from getting dirty.
2. Don’t forget to call your credit card company to let them know you are traveling. That way they don’t put a hold on your account.
3. Put all of your cords in an old sunglasses case. That way they are all in one area when you arrive.
4. To save a crazy amount of money that you would normally spend on a water bottle, bring an empty one with you through security.Then use a drinking fountain to fill it up.
5. When booking a vacation, be sure to enable private browsing or clear your cache. The reason is because travel sites can get your search information and raise prices based on your history.
6. To save much-needed suitcase space, roll up your clothes when packing.
7. Always losing bobby pins? Store them in an old Tic-Tac container.
8. If you forgot part of your phone charger, double-check the back of the TV. A lot of times they have a USB port.
9. If they don’t then call the front desk. A lot of time people leave their chargers in hotels and they may have some they can lend you.
10. Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase. This helps your clothes to stay smelling fresh.
11. Store your jewelry in a pill container to keep it more organized.
12. I recommend investing in a portable charger for your phone. Life saver.
13. If you are taking a road trip, transform a cereal container into a garbage can for the car.
14. Use a shower caddy to hold food for the car too. Makes it a lot less messy.
15. If you are in a parking garage, pin the location on Google Maps. Or you can take a picture of your space number. This will make finding it that much easier.
16. Place your belt in your collard shirt. This will help keep the collar stiff.
17. If you are going to a theme park, bring a Ziploc baggie to prevent damage to your phone.
18. Traveling with liquor? I highly recommend a Wineskin or something similar to help avoid a mess when you arrive.
19. Put a hot pad in your suitcase. This will allow you to pack your hot curling iron.
20. Use a binder clip to help protect razor blades in your suitcase.
21. Take a picture of your important documents in case of theft.
22. To prevent a messy suitcase, put a piece of plastic under your bottle lids. This is one of the best travel hacks, I guarantee it.
23. Use contact lens cases for the products you don’t need a lot of.
24. Place your phone on the tray table clip to help you watch a movie while flying.
25. You can Google your flight details to know if your flight is on time or delayed.
26. And lastly, but maybe most importantly, pack some mini liquor bottles. You can drink these on flights.
These 26 travel hacks are sure to make your life easier or maybe even allow you to enjoy traveling more. Hopefully these travel hacks will make it so you don’t need to take a vacation when you get back from vacation. Do you have any secret life hacks you swear by? Be sure to share them with us.