Here are 22 different animals that you have probably never even heard of before. Some of these are so amazing and interesting, while others seem to be some sort of design mistake. Either way they are all unique and beautiful.
1. The Dhole is native to south and southeast Asia.
2. The Babirusa is native to the Indonesian islands of Sulawesi, Togian, Sula and Buru.
3. Pink fairy armadillo is a nocturnal creature that loves to burrow at only 4 inches long.
4. The Fossa is a cat-like mammal native to Madagascar.
5. The Gerenuk is a long-necked antelope found in South Africa.
6. The naked mole rat is resistant to cancer and lives up to 28 years, which is unheard of for animals that small. Many people believe this is a vital key to our existence.
7. The Irrawaddy Dolphin are native in parts of the Bay of Bengal and Southeast Asia. It is closely related to the killer whale.
8. Markhor, a large wooly goat found in Northeastern Afghanistan.
9. Yeti Crab is a decapod living in the deepest, coldest parts of the ocean.
10. The Snub-nosed monkey inhabits the mountains of Asia and lives in groups of 600 or more!
11. The Maned Wolf is the largest canid in South America and the tallest of all wild canids.
12. Southern Right Whale Dolphin is a small slender mammal found in the Southern Hemisphere and it has no dorsal fin.
13. Southern Red Muntjac are found in south Asia. They are very territorial and can be quite fierce.
14. Cyphonia Clavata is a treehopper that looks like it has an ant growing out of his head for defensive purposes.
15. Sunda Colugo is also known as the flying lemur but doesn’t actually fly.
16. Tufted Deer is a small deer from central China and is a very timid animal.
17. The Lamprey, a jawless fish living in coastal and fresh waters sucks the blood of its prey.
18. The Raccoon Dog is also known as Tanuki and is indeginious to East Asia and loves climbing trees.
19. The Patagonian Mara, is a very large rodent found deep in Argentina and is similar to a rabbit.
20. The Amazonian Royal Flycatcher, is found in the jungles of the Amazon basin and average about 6 and a half inches in length.
21. The Zebra Duiker, is a small antelope found in the Ivory Coast and eat leaves and fruit.
22. The Star-Nosed Mole, is a small mole found in the low areas of Canada and the Northeastern U.S. It uses its crazy nose to feel its way around.
Some of these animals I would love to have as a pet while others I think I would scream if I ever saw in person.