Everyone has seen photos of the tragedy, destruction, and pain after something insane has already happened. What you don’t see everyday, is a photo taken at the exact perfect moment right as the proverbial sh– hits the fan. The reason I find these photos so interesting, is that they still allow you to use a little bit of your imagination as to what happens next. If the photographer would have snapped the picture a split second sooner or later, there would be no magic. Quite frankly, photos taken any later, and this post would have a different effect and audience, as it would most likely contain excessive amounts of blood, gore, and destruction. So enjoy these 27 photos taken at the exact perfect moment to prevent a NSFW rating.
1. Airplane Sudden Impact: I’m no aeronautical engineer, but I don’t think the wing is supposed to bend that way.
2. Swing Set Snap: After years and years of abuse, this swing had enough. This was the day that it finally snapped.
3. BMX Face Plant: He was watching as the ground came closer and closer… Then it hit him. I don’t need a crystal ball to see that he’s going to be seeing a dentist in his near future.
4. Upside Down Rally Car: I don’t know how this happened, but it sure made for an amazing picture.
5. Matador Del S.O.L.: Become a matador, they said. It’ll be fun, they said. LIARS!
6. Mountain Bike Splat: That cool tattoo must signify his power arm. I sure hope it’s enough to break his fall.
7. Shipping Container Dominoes: Looks like the Coast Guard is about to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. That’s a big ship to be swaying that drastically.
8. Smokestack Sendoff: Probably not the smartest idea to be that close to a scheduled demolition of tall objects.
9. Diving Board Broken Nose: This is exactly why I don’t try diving acrobatics. Knowing my luck, I’d knock myself out and drown in the pool.
10. Beer Stein Blowout: You know you’ve had a few too many when you start cheers’ing with excessive force. Definitely not the best way to end the date.
11. Grateful For The Cheap Seats: Just look at the smiles on the faces of those occupying the second row versus the unlucky ones in the front row.
12. Race Boat Pilot Walking On The Water: You better try speed walking, buddy. I think the speedboat is gaining on you.
13. Hell Of A Shot To The Sack: It’s not fun to get kicked by a powerful animal, but I can think of worse places to be kicked. Actually, I really can’t.
14. Superbike Switch Up: This is what happens when extreme sport athletes cross train. I’m going to do a bike barrel roll on a superbike. What should I call it? Um. How about a FAIL?
15. Save Me Grandma: Oh my. There are so many ways that this could end badly. Chances are grandma’s going to suffer more damage from her efforts than the kids that are goofing around.
16. Soda Spill Photobomb: How sweet. This girl is just as happy as a clam. For now.
17. Smashed Face Fight: I’m guessing there’s a high possibility of a boxer’s break for the girl in white.
18. Sexy Pose Slip Up: You might want to go ahead and leave it to the professionals, ladies. You’re doing it wrong.
19. Raging Bull Leap Of Faith: So you can walk on water. So what? You think that’s going to save you from the raging bull? I’m doubtful.
20. Cyclist Meets Light Pole: Does this count an as unintentional photobomb?
21. Go-Kart Barrel Roll: Wait. Are these competitors actually waving to each other? This guy has got some brass!
22. Fighter Jet Bail Out: Hopefully this pilot hit the eject button soon enough for the parachute to actually serve its purpose. My fingers are crossed that if the jet explodes on impact, the pilot is lucky enough to avoid that catastrophe as well.
23. Soaring Sledge Hammer: Hey Loki. Catch!
24. Mountain Bike Malfunction: Someone should have taught this guy the ‘tuck and roll’ method of mountain biking. Looks like he’s going to have some serious road rash and a sore back for a couple of weeks!
25. She Should Have Had Her V8 Splash: V8 or not, she’s about to make quite a splash.
26. Uncooperative Horse Jumping: When your horse smacks face first into the ground at a 45 degree angle, things aren’t going to end well for either of you. Poor horsey!
27. Mountain Bike Stunt With Car: I’m not going to lie, I don’t even know what this guy was attempting.
Hat’s off to these photographers for catching amazing photos a split second before disastrous impact. Yeah, I know they were probably mostly accidental, but the fact remains, these photos were awesome enough to catch my attention.